About Me

Currently in my final year of teacher training at Plymouth University. Passionate about making a difference to childrens lives through teaching. Follow me on twitter @trainieteacher

Saturday 19 November 2011

The Power of Blogging!!!

I began my blogging journey with a lot of uneasiness. I didn’t know if blogging would be for me because I struggle with writing, which I have discussed in a previous blog post about being diagnosed with dyslexia. But with some encouragement from friends and lecturers I decided to give it a try about a year ago. However a few posts down the line the blog got forgotten about until about a month ago. I have now started this new blog and already I have as they say the blogging bug... So what do I value when it comes to blogging?

1) Blogging allows me to reflect and also to develop my thinking -

For me blogging begins on the personal level as I reflect on my experiences, and grows to the interpersonal as I connect with and share those reflections. I also find that writing a blog allows me to think much deeper about the subject I am discussing. As a write a blog post I articulate my ideas, so they become more coherent and logical.
2) It allows me to express myself through my views, ideas and opinions -

Blogging gives me the freedom to put my thoughts into words in a creative way. It also allows me to express myself in a different context. I find that when I blog I take risks because I want people to challenge my ideas and opinions.

3) I learn through blogging -


Blogging is a learning tool available for free at your fingertips. I find great value and insight in sharing my experiences with others and learning from theirs. Blogging has given me exposure to people with a different thoughts and ideas about education than mine. Blogging allows you to challenge other people ideas, which in turn allows you to reflect and question your own. 
4) It is a challenging and rewarding -

I find blogging very rewarding because it amazes me that people from all around the world are interested in what I have to say. Feedback is instant and seeing your viewing stats rise is a great feeling. It makes you want to continue blogging in order to keep your audience coming back for more.

For this blog post I also thought it would be interesting to see what some other people think about blogging. Below are some views which I collected via Twitter.
- Find it very hard but satisfying, makes me realise how difficult writing can be for kids until they find their style! - @buckdenteach

- Best way to encourage reluctant writers, boost confidence, collaborate with schools around world. - @mbrayford

- Great way to reflect on what you've learned and gain feedback that leads you to new avenues of learning. Motivation to share. - @JCBarrington

- Blogging helps those who find it difficult to voice their opinions. You almost take up a different identity. - @kforeilly

- A million monkeys banging on typewriters won't reproduce the works of Shakespeare, but will write the day's new blogs. - @alanmills405

- Blogging engages a wider audience, I find it's a more interesting way to voice opinion and share experiences. It's fun too! - @MeganDouglas26

- Blogging is a great way to learn, share, inspire and be inspired. - @ianaddison

Now you have read why I blog... Why not give it a try yourself. Blogging might not be for everybody, but if you want to give it a go I can assure you that you will surprised how something so simple can be so rewarding. It would also be great for people to share their comments on why they blog below.

1 comment:

  1. It's really interesting to read about what blogging means personally to you, rather than generally to everyone. I like that you mentioned the freedom of expression and creativity - I think that's quite underrated. Blogs allow you to bring all sorts of sources of information or various types of media into one place that help you develop and express your ideas.

    Really good reflection!

    ReplyDelete